National Security News
For five years Mohammed Cherif was imprisoned in an underground, 6-foot-by-4 1/2-foot earthen prison cell. WTOP's National Security Correspondent takes a closer look at what happened.
JJ is WTOP's National Security Correspondent, covering global intelligence, national security and terrorism.
Dig into the latest developments on the war on terrorism around the world.
News for the federal manager and those who do business with the federal government.
Take the necessary steps to make sure you are prepared in the event of an emergency.
Stories from J.J. Green
National Security News
- Five years in hell: The story of Prisoner No. 16
- Five years in hell: Behind the interview
- Exclusive: NCIX says Chinese hackers 'getting faster and smarter'
- The Hunt: How does Iraq, the U.S. respond to ISIS 'caliphate'
- Modern Chile and how it perceives the U.S.
- How the U.S. is viewed in Chile
- Former CIA official talks about the operation to nab Ahmed Katallah.
- U.S. intelligence denies Iraq intelligence lapse
- Snowden: 'I'd like to go home'
- Children increasingly victimized by terrorists, not just targets
- Egypt calls for Israeli, Palestinian peace talks
- EU meets as some countries seek tougher sanctions
- 2008 law unexpectedly at center of border debate
- Israeli media say Israeli soldier missing in Gaza
- Lawmakers face long to-do list, uncertain success
- Cambodian political rivals say agreement reached
- Russians fed conspiracy theories on Ukraine crash
- Widodo leads as Indonesia set to declare president
- American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel
- VA nominee McDonald goes before Congress
- Dad: Boys charged in homeless deaths once homeless
- Working-class whites lose voting dominance in Ohio
- Thomas Berger, 'Little Big Man' author, dead at 89
- Gay, transgender workers gain US bias protection
- Cooler weather aids crews fighting Washington fire
- Witness: Sterling needs Clippers sale to pay debts
- Friend is first convicted in Boston Marathon probe
- Friends: Man in NYC chokehold case 'gentle giant'
- Perry sending National Guard troops to border
- Better weather aiding Washington wildfire fight
, July 22, 2014
Now: 74 °FTonight: A t-storm in spots early; partly cloudy
Hi: 88 °F | Lo: 74 °F