One person is injured and five people are displaced just two days before Christmas after a house fire in Prince George’s County on Sunday.
The firefighters were able to bring the early morning blaze at a Maryland City ranch house under control in about 35 minutes. Four adults and four children have been displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
A woman has died after a Northwest D.C. home without working smoke detectors caught fire Tuesday night, D.C. Fire and EMS officials said.
A mother and son lost their lives following a house fire early Wednesday morning in Montgomery County, right along the Maryland and D.C. line — and there were no working smoke alarms in the house.
Two adults are displaced after a Silver Spring house fire that Montgomery County fire officials say was caused by charcoal briquettes used to cover a rat hole.
A mother and daughter were rescued Monday morning after a discarded cigarette accidentally caused a fire to erupt in their Suitland, Maryland, home.
After a fire broke out in April in a Chillum, Maryland, home, a 76-year-old woman was found dead inside. Now, police are investigating her death as a homicide.
Police say an officer’s gun discharged during an altercation, striking a man who had refused to leave a burning house in Maryland.
Two people have died and two others were hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a house caught fire in Fairfax County, Virginia.
A man is in the hospital with critical injuries after a Thursday morning house fire in Northeast D.C.
Officials in Prince George’s County have identified the woman who died in an early morning house fire last week and said the nearly 100-year-old farmhouse where the fire broke out did not have any smoke alarms installed.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department has identified the three people who died in a house fire over the weekend in Severn, Maryland.
Three people are dead following an overnight fire in a house used as a group home in Severn, Maryland.
A 2-year-old and a 3-year-old are dead, and four others are in the hospital after a house fire Tuesday morning in St. Mary’s County, Maryland.
The blaze broke out at 34th Street and Eastern Avenue Northeast, and was reported by an off-duty firefighter driving past the home.
The three-part series "The making of Marion Barry" looks at how the future mayor got his start in the civil rights movement, how he became a power player in the city and his enduring legacy.