Passengers on board the Boeing 737 — which flew out of Montreal and was bound for Fort Lauderdale, Florida — evacuated onto the airport’s runway via emergency slides, according to FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen. Airport firefighters responded to the scene.
The Roanoke Times reports that firefighters found heavy smoke billowing from a ranch-style home Monday morning.
First responders rescued one adult woman from the home, and a second resident escaped to safety on their own. A second resident, reported to be the woman’s daughter, escaped the fire and was found safe in a neighboring home.
When fire officials arrived on the scene, three port-a-potties were engulfed in flames. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
If you’re using devices like space heaters to avoid high energy bills as we prepare for another wintry mix, there are a few steps you should take to make sure your heating sources aren’t a fire hazard.
Investigators currently believe the fire was sparked by “some form of human activity in the cockloft of the building.” The exact nature of that activity and who — or if anyone — sparked the flames remains unknown.
According to the Alexandria Fire Department, the fire began around 9 a.m. in a three-story townhouse on Arrell Court near Duke Street. One person was found dead inside the home.
Eight horses were killed in a barn fire in Frederick County, Maryland on Saturday.
Five people died and two others were injured after a small plane apparently came apart, raining debris across a Southern California neighborhood and igniting a house fire before landing in a backyard, authorities said Sunday.
More than $8,000 in donations have been raised through a GoFundMe page for the family of 37-year-old George Kouimanis, who died Wednesday in his family’s home.
A man is dead and a woman and a 5-year-old boy are in critical condition after a Glen Burnie, Maryland, fire just before midnight Wednesday. The fire was one of five that kept Maryland and Virginia firefighters busy early Thursday: Firefighters rescued eight from an apartment building in Fairfax County. Fires also were reported in Herndon, Germantown and Oxon Hill.
With the cold weather, firefighters across the region are finding conditions outside to be brutal. Fire departments are offering advice and reminders so you don’t lose everything you own in a blaze that could have been prevented.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they encountered “pretty heavy” fire conditions in the single-story pool house and day care center. No injuries were reported.
A two-alarm fire that broke out at a Prince George’s County recycling center Saturday evening caused a partial building collapse and an estimated $8 million in damage.
One person is being held in connection to a house fire in Prince George’s County that hurt one firefighter.
Recreating the District in video game form was no small task. Here's how the developers did it.