Flames broke out at China Garden on Patrick Street in Frederick, sometime after 10:30 p.m. The bulk of the fire was in the kitchen and some areas had smoke damage.
A Prince George’s County, Maryland, man who applied to become a volunteer firefighter has been sentenced to 30 years for setting three fires.
A fire that started in the Platinum Barbershop in Gaitherstowne Plaza Tuesday morning caused about $300,000 damage to businesses in the Gaithersburg, Maryland shopping center.
A man suffered serious burn injuries after a flash fire erupted in the kitchen of a popular Ballston restaurant during Tuesday’s lunchtime rush.
A church in Capitol Heights, Maryland, was struck by lightning Thursday night, causing the steeple and the attic to catch on fire.
The fire broke out inside a lab in the Chemical and Nuclear Engineering Building, according to the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department, which was called to the scene around 11 a.m. Wednesday.
A fire that destroyed a Centreville home, forcing a Virginia family of five to jump from second-floor windows early Sunday, was caused by an unattended chiminea outdoor fireplace.
A family of five has been displaced after a fire engulfed their home in Centreville, Virginia on Sunday morning, a fire official said.
The fire was in a first-floor apartment of the three-story building in the 200 block of Oakwood Street.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue has identified the man who died in a fire that tore through buildings in a Centreville, Virginia, apartment complex Monday morning.
Two people were shot, two others stabbed and dozens of families were forced from their homes by an apartment fire raging in the Landover area on the same night.
“There was fire on all three floors and up to the roof,” said Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Capt. Tracey Reed. “We had a heavy volume of fire when we arrived on the scene.”
The fire happened on the first floor of a two-story house on the 2300 block of Dexter Avenue. Montgomery County Fire officials said the fire involved a couch.
“Scammers are opportunists, and they will take advantage of whatever is in the news,” said Art Taylor, president and CEO of BBB Wise Giving Alliance.
Firefighters arrived to the gas station on 21st Street and Benning Road, where they found the woman with fatal injuries and a gas pump on fire.
Recreating the District in video game form was no small task. Here's how the developers did it.