Officials say a man suffered significant burn injuries in a fire in the basement of a Maryland home.
Authorities say more than a dozen people who gathered for a wedding escaped from a fire that destroyed part of a Montgomery County home.
Two residents and a firefighter are in the hospital and three families are displaced following a two-alarm townhouse fire in Gaithersburg, Maryland, early Thursday morning.
One of three people injured during a flash fire at the main propellant-manufacturing facility for the U.S. Department of Defense has died.
The Georgetown Paper Stock recycling plant in Rockville, Maryland, caught fire Friday afternoon. Though the fire was contained earlier, crews remained on the scene until Saturday afternoon, when the scene was cleared and roads reopened.
There was heavy fire in a large maintenance shed in Seneca Creek State park. When firefighters arrived, they noticed a farm tractor and a boat on fire inside the shed.
Fire officials said Saturday the fire was mostly under control and that there seemed to be no casualties, but said that every floor of the historic building at the heart of the city center was damaged.
Firefighters in Loudoun County were able to put out a fire at the Ted Britt Chevorlet dealership on Harry Byrd Highway, however there was damage to some cars and the roof of the building.
A mother and daughter were rescued Monday morning after a discarded cigarette accidentally caused a fire to erupt in their Suitland, Maryland, home.
A house fire in Montgomery County sent one woman to the hospital Monday with life-threatening burns, according to fire officials.
A 2-year-old girl from western Maryland has died after a fire in her babysitter’s home.
One person was found dead inside a hotel room where a fire started on Hampton Park Boulevard in Capitol Heights, Maryland.
Delays remain on Metro’s Red Line after an arcing insulator fire at the Wheaton station on Wednesday morning. Trains were single tracking between Wheaton and Silver Spring for nearly two hours.
Two people have died and two others were hospitalized early Tuesday morning after a house caught fire in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Officials say a man has suffered critical injuries in an electrical fire in a rowhouse in Washington, D.C.
WTOP Film Critic Jason Fraley ranks the Best Movies in Every Genre.