The Washington Nationals will return from their historic World Series win Thursday evening.
The team is expected to land at 6:15 p.m. at Dulles International Airport. WTOP will be there bringing you the latest from the scene.
Fans will have the chance to welcome their champions — and that World Series trophy — home.
A parade is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 2 at 2 p.m., Mayor Muriel Bowser’s office announced early Thursday morning.
— Muriel Bowser (@MurielBowser) October 31, 2019
— Heather Zimmerman (@HeatherZiMS) October 31, 2019
The parade will start on Constitution Avenue NW at 15th Street NW, proceed east along Constitution Avenue NW and end on Pennsylvania Avenue NW at 3rd Street NW with a team rally.
If fans attending the parade want to receive text alerts on safety, transit and weather, they can text “NATS” to 888-777.
The mayor’s office is encouraging attendees to leave their cars at home and use public transportation, as public parking is expected to be extremely limited around the route.
Those posting on social media are asked to use the hashtag #FightFinished.
MORE NATS WORLD SERIES COVERAGE
- Nats returning from World Series Win; parade set for this weekend
- FAQs: What to know about the Nationals’ championship celebration
- Nationals top Astros in Game 7 to win 1st World Series title
- Final comeback as Nationals win World Series title
- Mad Max delivers for World Series champion Nats without win
- Clutch Kendrick lands winning blow as Nats take World Series
- Rendon made sure when Nats were down, they were never out
- Column: Strasburg’s transcendent postseason run shuts down controversy for good
- Stephen Strasburg goes from shutdown to World Series MVP
- Hinch: ‘I’ll have to live with’ bullpen decision in Game 7
- Locker room antics: Nats celebrate World Series win
- Fans celebrate Nats World Series title win
- Nats World Series Championship parade to be held this weekend
- Gear up! Dick’s Sporting Goods locations offering World Series Champs merch