WASHINGTON — A seventh-grade boy died on Monday afternoon after he was found unresponsive in a school bathroom in Montgomery County.
A statement from Montgomery County Public Schools says the boy harmed himself at E. Brooke Lee Middle School, in Silver Spring, and died from his injuries at the hospital.
The school sent a recorded phone message telling the community what happened today; Montgomery County Police are investigating.
Police spokesman Captain Paul Starks says the boy was found in a single staff bathroom and did not put any other students in danger.
If you’re concerned about yourself or someone you know, there are places to get help:
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness/Montgomery County
- The Mental Health Association of Montgomery County
- Fairfax County Suicide Prevention (you can also call 703-573-5679 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- The National Council for Suicide Prevention