WASHINGTON — How will you celebrate America’s birthday?
Many people enjoy the laid-back fun of a neighborhood parade, while others crowd into downtown D.C. year after year to see one of the best fireworks shows in the nation.
Whether you prefer your Independence Day celebrations large or small, you’re sure to find one you like on our comprehensive regional list.
All events are free and scheduled to take place on July 4, unless otherwise noted. Most are also weather-dependent.
- The Barracks Row/Capitol Hill parade begins at 8th and I Streets Southeast.
- The National Independence Day Parade travels along part of Constitution Avenue.
- The Palisades Parade is followed by a free picnic at the Palisades Rec Center.
- The National Mall fireworks show is scheduled to start at 9:09 p.m.
- Anne Arundel County
- Annapolis hosts a parade as well as a fireworks show over Annapolis Harbor.
- Fort Meade’s Red, White and Blue Celebration June 29 includes live music, vendors, rides and fireworks.
- Glen Burnie’s annual fireworks show is set for July 3 at Sawmill Creek Park.
- Severna Park’s parade starts at 10 a.m.
- This year’s Shady Side Fourth of July Parade runs from 10-11 a.m.
- Calvert County
- The fireworks display in Solomons is scheduled to start between 9:15 and 9:30 p.m.
- Carroll County
- Mt. Airy will host live music and fireworks on July 3.
- In Westminster, enjoy food, fun and fireworks at the Carroll County Farm Museum.
- Charles County
- The annual 4th of July Celebration in Indian Head begins at 3:30 p.m.
- In La Plata, there will be a fireworks show at the Charles County Fairgrounds with gates opening at 3 p.m.
- Enjoy free performances, food vendors and watch fireworks outside Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf. If you want to go inside to watch the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs game, you’ll need to pay for a ticket.
- Howard County
- Head to the Columbia Lakefront for fireworks after dark. There will be live music and food vendors, too.
- Frederick County
- Frederick’s annual 4th of July celebration in Baker Park includes fireworks.
- Montgomery County
- On June 30, Gaithersburg’s Summerfest will have live music, fireworks and a SummerGlo After Party.
- Live music and fireworks are the featured fun at Germantown Glory.
- Kensington’s annual Bike Parade starts at 10 a.m.
- Also in Kensington, the Mid County Sparkles fireworks show will launch after a 7:30 concert.
- Montgomery Village is hosting a 5K Race and fun run, a parade and family festivities.
- Poolesville’s 4th of July Family Fireworks event will include food trucks this year.
- Enjoy live music and fireworks at Rockville’s Mattie J. T. Stepanek Park.
- Takoma Park has a parade, live entertainment and fireworks.
- Prince George’s County
- The Bowie Baysox game will end with fireworks, and you can pay extra for all-you-can-eat barbecue. Tickets start at $11 for adults and $8 for kids age 3-12.
- College Park is once again teaming with the University of Maryland for a concert and fireworks.
- The Independence Day celebration in Greenbelt will run from 5:30-10 p.m.
- Laurel’s 4th of July Celebration is scheduled for July 7.
- Six Flags America has nightly fireworks shows June 30-July 4. Online ticket prices start at $43.99.
- St. Mary’s County
- Hollywood will have live music, carnival rides, food vendors and fireworks on June 30.
- Washington County
- In Hagerstown, the fireworks at Fairgrounds Park are scheduled to start at 9:30 p.m.
- Worcester County
- Alexandria will celebrate the city’s 269th birthday and the 242nd birthday of America with fireworks and more on July 7.
- Arlington County
- Long Bridge Park in Arlington will be open to those who want to view the National Mall fireworks, but there will be no special activities as in years past.
- Patriotism in the Park in Charlottesville includes live music, kids activities, a chicken fingers-eating contest, and fireworks.
- Fairfax County
- In Chantilly, South Riding Golf Club hosts Star Spangled South Riding from 5 to 9 p.m.
- The 4th of July Hometown Celebration, Parade and Fireworks in Great Falls starts with an 8 a.m. 5K walk/run.
- The town of Herndon promises a fabulous fireworks show, games, live music and more.
- Lorton’s Workhouse Arts Center says it has the region’s largest pre-Independence Day fireworks show on June 30. Admission is free, parking is $20 per car.
- The Independence Day festivities in McLean include food trucks, music and fireworks.
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon is offering mansion tours and fireworks June 29 and 30, with tickets ranging from $20-$35.
- The fireworks show at Lake Fairfax Park in Reston is set for June 30. Parking is $10 per car.
- Vienna’s July Fourth celebration includes waterslides, snow cones, live music and fireworks.
- City of Fairfax
- A parade, evening show and fireworks are all part of the July Fourth celebration in the City of Fairfax.
- Falls Church
- In Falls Church, get ready for food trucks, live music and fireworks at George Mason High School.
- Fauquier County
- Warrenton Town Limits on June 29 includes fireworks and activities for the whole family.
- Loudoun County
- Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg will celebrate America on July 1. Tickets range from $10-$25 and must be purchased in advance.
- There is a morning parade and evening fireworks in Leesburg. The parade steps off at 10 a.m.
- Lovettsville’s annual July 3 Celebration includes a parade and fireworks.
- Purcellville’s annual 4th of July parade begins at 12:30 p.m.
- Star Spangled Sterling is June 30 at the Sterling Middle School Track Field.
- A July 3 fireworks show and July 4 parade are scheduled in Waterford.
- Prince William County
- The Potomac Nationals will have a pregame buffet and postgame fireworks. Buffet tickets are a $10 add-on to a ticket in any seating section, and kids 5 and younger are free with an adult ticket.
- Spotsylvania County
- The Spotsylvania Stars and Stripes Spectacular 2018 is scheduled for June 30.
- Rehoboth Beach will shoot off fireworks July 1, starting around 9:15 p.m.
- Bethany Beach plans a parade with 12 bands, and fireworks at dusk.
© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.