Carbon monoxide poisoning at U St. building sends 8 to hospital

WASHINGTON — High levels of carbon monoxide were found inside a three-story building on the 500 block of U St. in northwest D.C. Sunday morning.

Eight people from that building were transported to local hospitals, all with not life-threatening injuries.

The source of the carbon monoxide was traced to a furnace in the building.

D.C. fire and EMS remind residents to check that they have working carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.

For information on recognizing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, visit the CDC website.


Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2017 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up