WASHINGTON — Virginia really is for lovers.
With Valentine’s Day approaching, OpenTable dove into user reviews to come up with a list of the nation’s “100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America,” and Virginia ties North Carolina and Ohio at the top of the list, each with eight winning restaurants.
OpenTable said the list reflects the combined opinions of more than 12 million restaurant reviews for more than 26,000 restaurants. Atmosphere gets heavy weighting, with the list featuring an assortment of intimate restaurants located on charming properties.
American flavors dominate in terms of cuisine at OpenTable’s romantic hot-spots, but French and Italian are popular, too.
“Valentine’s Day is about sharing food with loved ones. Whether enjoyed with a significant other, a friend or with family, a delicious meal accompanied by elegant ambience and superb service is the perfect way to celebrate,” said Caroline Potter, OpenTable’s chief dining officer.
Here are some D.C. area restaurants that made OpenTable list (in alphabetical order):
- Bistro L’Hermitage — Woodbridge, Virginia
- Claire’s at the Depot — Warrenton, Virginia
- The Inn at Little Washington — Washington, Virginia
- L’Auberge Chez Francois — Great Falls, Virginia
Here are some outside the area but nearby:
- Charleston — Baltimore, Maryland
- Lewnes’ Steakhouse — Annapolis, Maryland
- The Ivy Inn Restaurant — Charlottesville, Virginia
- The Prime Rib — Baltimore (The Original) — Baltimore, Maryland
OpenTable’s list is based on reviews collected between Dec. 1, 2016 and Nov. 30, 2017.
To see the full list, go to OpenTable.
Copyright © 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.