The District Department of Transportation has announced nightly lane and shoulder closures on Interstate 395 for five days in January while work crews replace some sign structures.
Work will include installation of overhead traffic guide signs and lighting fixtures as part of D.C.’s I-395 sign structure project. Some existing overhead signs and structures will also be removed, DDOT said.
The following lanes and shoulders will close to traffic from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly from Monday, Jan. 13 through Friday, Jan. 17, weather permitting:
- Single left or right lanes between Center Leg Freeway and 6th Street SW
- Single left or right lanes between 6th Street SW and the 9th Street Expressway
- Single left or right lanes between 7th Street SW and 4th Street SW
The following lane and shoulders will close from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily from Monday, Jan. 13 through Friday, Jan. 17, weather permitting:
- Single left or right lanes between L’Enfant Plaza SW and 6th Street SW
- Single left lane between 4th Street SW and Center Leg Freeway
- Single right lane and shoulder between Francis Case Memorial Bridge and 7th Street SW
- Single left lane and Shoulder between the 9th Street Expressway and 4th Street SW
- Single left lane and Shoulder between 7th Street SW and Center Leg Freeway
Commuters should expect some delays in these areas during closures and use caution while driving past work personnel.
For the latest road and traffic conditions, see WTOP’s traffic page or listen to updates every 10 minutes online or on the air at 103.5 FM. Submit traffic tips by calling 866-304-WTOP or tagging @WTOPtraffic on Twitter.