WASHINGTON — Forgot to defrost the turkey? Trying to avoid the awkwardness the election fomented among your loved ones?
Below are a few restaurants in the D.C.-area offering Thanksgiving meals for those who don’t want to spend their time basting a turkey for hours.
- Hamilton Hotel, 1001 14th St NW: Offering brunch and dinner specials.
- Vidalia, 1990 M St. NW
- Blue Duck Tavern, 1201 24th St. NW
- Central, 1001 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
- Equinox, 818 Connecticut Ave. NW (has vegetarian and vegan options)
- National Museum of the American Indian, 4th Street and Independence Avenue SW: The museum’s Mitsitam Cafe is open from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. It has a holiday take-home menu.
- Corduroy, 1122 9th St. NW
- Bourbon Steak, 2800 Pennsylvania Ave.
- Fiola, 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW: Thanksgiving celebration from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fiola Mare, 3050 K Street NW, Suite 101: Holiday menu from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bindaas, 3309 Connecticut Ave. NW: Serving Indian-style Thanksgiving dinner.
- Le Diplomate, 1601 14th St. NW: Open for brunch, lunch and dinner Thanksgiving Day.
- Bastille, 606 N. Fayette St., Alexandria
- Gadsby’s Tavern, 138 N. Royal St., Alexandria
- 2941 Restaurant, 2941 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church
- Jackson 20 Tavern & Restaurant, 480 King St., Alexandria
- Blackwall Hitch, 5 Cameron St., Alexandria
- Bazin’s on Church, 111 Church St. NW, Vienna
- L’Auberge Chez Francois, 332 Springvale Road, Great Falls
- Wildfire — McLean, Tysons Galleria, 2001 International Drive, McLean
- Blue Hill Tavern, 938 S Conkling St., Baltimore
- Tersiguel’s French County Restaurant, 8293 Main St., Ellicott City
- Elkridge Furnace Inn, 5745 Furnace Ave., Elkridge
- Mrs. K’s Restaurant and Barrel Bar, 9201 Colesville Road, Silver Spring
- La Ferme Restaurant, 7101 Brookville Road, Chevy Chase
- Lia’s, 4435 Willard Ave., Chevy Chase (has a children’s menu)
- Positano, 4948-4940 Fairmont Ave., Bethesda
- Normandie Farm, 10710 Falls Road, Potomac
If you prefer to dine at home but not cook at home, below are some restaurants offering Thanksgiving to go:
- Hill Country Barbecue, 410 7th St. NW
- Bayou Bakery, locations at Courthouse in Arlington, Virginia, and Capitol Hill in D.C. Offers side dishes with New Orleans flavor.
- Kapnos, 2201 14th St. NW. Place order by Sunday, Nov. 20.
- Red Apron, Mosaic District, 8298 Glass Alley, Fairfax
- Society Fair, 277 South Washington St., Alexandria
- Buttercream Bakeshop, 1250 Ninth St. NW: Offers holiday desserts. Place order by Nov. 21.
- Whole Foods, locations in D.C., Virginia and Maryland. Place order by Nov. 22.
- Dean & Deluca, 3276 M St. NW