WASHINGTON — Whether it’s extra butter, a bag of ice or a little gift for the hostess, sometimes you need to run out on Thanksgiving to get something at the grocery store.
Which stores are open?
- Balducci’s: Open until 4 p.m. Hours may vary slightly from store to store. Find a store.
- Giant: Open until 5 p.m. (The stores at 10400 Old Georgetown Rd. in Bethesda, Maryland, and 6223 Baltimore National Pike in Catonsville, Maryland, are open 24 hours and will remain open on Thanksgiving.) Find a store.
- Harris Teeter: Closes at 2 p.m. Reopens 8 a.m. Friday, Nov. 25. Harris Teeter website.
- Safeway: Open until 7 p.m. Call your local store to confirm and find a location.
- Shoppers Food Warehouse: Open until 6 p.m. Find a store.
- Wegmans: Closes at 4 p.m. Find a store.
- Weis: Open until 6 p.m. Find a store.
- Whole Foods: D.C. stores will close at 5 p.m. Maryland locations open until 4 p.m. (Silver Spring, Friendship Heights, Harbor East in Baltimore locations are open until 5 p.m.). Virginia stores are open until 4 p.m., except for the Old Town Alexandria location, which is open until 5 p.m. Find a store.
Which stores are closed?
- Aldi: Not open Thanksgiving.
- BJ’s: Not open Thanksgiving.
- Costco: Not open Thanksgiving.
- MOM’s Organic Market: Not open Thanksgiving.
- Trader Joe’s: Not open Thanksgiving.
- The Fresh Market: Not open Thanksgiving.
Please note that store hours may vary by store. Before heading out, call your local supermarket.
© 2016 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.