WASHINGTON — Students at Samuel Chase Elementary School in Temple Hills , Maryland will report to Crossland High School Wednesday and Thursday after a fire at the school Tuesday.
Buses will take children directly to the high school, while walkers should report to the elementary school where staff will take them to Crossland High School.
There will not be kindergarten either day.
An overheated motor in an oscillating fan caught fire at Samuel Chase Elementary School Tuesday.
“The fire was contained to one classroom,” says Sherrie Johnson, spokeswoman for the school system, in an email.
The electrical panels in the room that caught on fire are damaged, she says, and they can’t be repaired in one day.
© 2015 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.