WASHINGTON — This year, Tax Day — the filing deadline for federal tax returns — has been pushed to April 18 because of D.C.’s Emancipation Day holiday on April 15.
Its arrival has many businesses offering weary taxpayers everything from free massages and cookies to discounts on beer and bagels.
Check out our list, and check back with the WTOP Freebies blog daily for more free food, free events and free stuff.
- Station 4 is recognizing Tax Day with Fixed Priced $20.16 Menu on April 18: three courses including Fat Tax Tacos, IRS Salad, H&R Pasta and Taxpayers Lava Cake.
- Pei Wei offers $5 off a $20 or more purchase, either dine in or take out, through April 18. Show this tweet to redeem the tax break.
- Buca di Beppo wants to give you a “tax break” with a coupon good for 18 percent off your purchase through April 18.
- Through April 18, order online from Noodles & Company and get $4 off any $10 purchase using the code TAXDAY. And on April 18, you can bring your child in to get a free kids meal when you buy any regular entree.
- Through April 18, get a Big Bagel Bundle (13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese) for $10.40 at Bruegger’s Bagels with a coupon.
- On April 18, participating Bananas Smoothies & Frozen Yogurt locations are giving all Certified Public Accountants a free smoothie while supplies last. Just show your license.
- On April 18, sing your favorite song on stage at the Hard Rock Cafe in D.C. or Baltimore and get a free Legendary Burger. No purchase is necessary, but you have to sign up to sing.
- April 18, all area Pete’s New Haven Style APizza locations are offering a second slice of pizza free with the purchase of one, all day.
- April 18, participating Boston Market locations are offering a Tax Day Special while supplies last: A Half Chicken Individual Meal with two sides and cornbread, plus a regular fountain drink and a cookie, for $10.40.
- April 18, get free chips and queso with any purchase at California Tortilla. Just say the secret password: Tax Man.
- April 18, stop by a participating Great American Cookies and get a free original chocolate chip cookie while supplies last. No purchase necessary.
- On April 18, Del Campo will offer tax-free drinks at the bar until close.
- On April 18, Trummer’s On Main, in Clifton, Virginia, is offering half off oysters and sparkling wine for lunch and dinner.
- April 18, the McCormick & Schmick‘s locations on K Street in D.C. and at National Harbor will offer all day happy hour.
- April 18, enjoy half off all alcoholic beverages all day at BLT Steak in D.C.
- April 18, World of Beer taverns in Maryland are offering a free select draught to every guest who comes in. At its Virginia locations, beer lovers will get $5 off their check in lieu of a free beer.
- April 18-22, enjoy a free HydroMassage at a Planet Fitness or other location near you.
- Through April 24, Logan’s Roadhouse is offering some tax relief. Subscribe to their email club and get an offer good for a free appetizer when you buy any adult entree.
© 2016 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.