WASHINGTON — Tax Day, April 15, is a little less painful with all the freebies and deals being offered by restaurants, bars and other businesses.
Check out our list, and check back with the WTOP Freebies blog daily for more free food, free events and free stuff.
- All area Whole Foods Market locations will be serving free 12 oz. cups of brewed coffee for Tax Day.
- Bruegger’s Bagels has a coupon that will get you a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40.
- April 15, pick up a free sugar cookie, no purchase necessary, at participating Great American Cookies locations, including Potomac Mills and the Mall in Columbia.
- Get free chips and queso with any purchase on Tax Day at any California Tortilla. Just say “Taxes Shmaxes” to the cashier.
- On April 15, Boston Market is offering buy one get one free individual meals, whole sandwiches, whole sandwich combos, salad bowls or market bowls. You can claim up to 3 BOGOs per person per visit.
- Some local Massage Envy Spas are offering free chair massages for tax filers and preparers on Tax Day. At the Stafford location, show up at the spa between noon and 4 p.m. At the Stafford location, show up at the spa between noon and 4 p.m. The Gainesville location will offer them from 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. at H&R Block at 7478 Limestone Drive. The Alexandria location will offer them from 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. at H&R Block at 4541 Duke Street. The Fair Lakes location will offer them from 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at H&R Block at 5716 Pickwick Road in Centreville.
- HydroMassage is offering free massages at participating locations all this week, through April 17, to help you relax during tax time.
- All Sonic Drive-In locations are serving half price cheeseburgers on Tax Day.
- Local Hard Rock Cafes have a Tax Day challenge for you. At the D.C. location, sign up and sing a song on stage between 5-7 p.m. April 15 to get a free Local Legendary Burger. At the Baltimore location, the first 35 people to sing, starting at 5 p.m., will get a free Legendary Burger.
- On April 15, BLT Steak in D.C. is offering half off all cocktails, beer, bottles of wine and wines by the glass.
- Laugh off your Tax Day woes at The DC Improv’s free Open Mic Night April 15. There’s no cover, but there is a two drink minimum and you’re asked to RSVP. Part of the show will be video recorded for a new project called Funny For Five.
- Attention accountants: On April 16, bring your business card to City Tap House in D.C. to drink select draft beers and house wines free from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Buy any pizza at Pizza Vinoteca in Arlington on Tax Day, and get a second pizza of equal or lesser value for just $4.15.
- At Slate Wine Bar + Bistro, in D.C., enjoy free dessert when you buy an entree and buy one get one free bottles of wine on Tax Day.
- Gypsy Soul Restaurant, in Merrifield, is offering half-price bottles of wine all night, starting at 5:30 p.m. April 15.
© 2015 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.