WASHINGTON — Veterans Day is this weekend, on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Many businesses and organizations are offering everything from free food to free haircuts and car washes for veterans and, in many cases, for active duty military personnel as well.
Most of the offers on WTOP’s list are available on Nov. 11 only, unless otherwise noted.
On Saturday, Nov. 11 (Veterans Day)
- Arlington National Cemetery: The National Veterans Day Observance starts at 11 a.m., but people are encouraged to arrive no later than 9:30 a.m.
- National Park Service: All national parks that normally charge an entrance fee will be open free of charge Nov. 11 and 12.
- Great Clips: Veterans and current members of the military can visit to get a free haircut, or a card to get a free one later. Nonmilitary customers who buy a service will get a card to give to a veteran that’s good for a free haircut.
- Car washes: Through the Grace For Vets program, many area car washes are offering free washes for veterans and active duty members of the military.
- Gadsby’s Tavern: In honor of the nation’s veterans, there will be free tours for all guests from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- World of Beer: Veterans and active duty service members get a free select beer where legal or $5 off their check.
- Applebee’s: Veterans and active duty military can choose a free meal from a special menu.
- Bar Louie: Veterans and active duty members of the military get a free flatbread or burger.
- Bob Evans: Active duty military and veterans get a free breakfast, lunch or dinner meal from a select menu.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Past and present members of the military get a free entree from a special menu.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s: Veterans get a free personal one-topping pizza.
- Cracker Barrel: Veterans get a free slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Veterans and active duty military get a free doughnut.
- Famous Dave’s: Former and current military personnel get a free Two Meat Salute at participating restaurants.
- GCDC: Active duty members of the military and veterans get a free grilled cheese sandwich (choose any Signature Sandwich) for lunch between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Glory Days Grill: Veterans get a free appetizer or a regular order of boneless or grilled boneless wings.
- The Greene Turtle: Veterans and active military get a free meal.
- Hooters: Veterans and active duty military get a free meal from a special menu at participating locations.
- Little Caesar’s: Veterans and active members of the military get a free $5 HOT-N-READY Lunch Combo.
- Mission BBQ: Veterans get a free sandwich and slice of cake (while supplies last).
- On the Border: Active and former members of the military get a free Create-Your-Own Combo Meal.
- Red Lobster: Veterans, active duty military and reservists get a free appetizer or dessert.
- Red Robin: Veterans and active duty service members get a free Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries at participating restaurants.
- Ruby Tuesday: Former and active duty service members get a free appetizer worth up to $10 at participating locations.
- Sweet Fire Donna’s: Active and retired members of the military get a free pork sandwich.
- Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch from a special menu for active, former or retired military members.
- Bob Evans: Veterans and active duty members of the military get their choice of one of six free meals.
- Bonefish Grill: Active and retired service members get a free Bang Bang Shrimp.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Active and retired members of the armed services get a free small traditional or boneless wings and a side of fries. Dine-in only.
- Outback: Active and retired members of the military get a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola beverage.
On Monday, Nov. 13
- Golden Corral: All active duty and retired veterans are invited to enjoy a free Military Appreciation Night Thank You Meal.
© 2017 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.