WASHINGTON — A Thurmont high school student accused of plotting a shooting at Catoctin High School has been released from the hospital.
Nicole Cevario had been taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation after her father tipped off the school’s officials about her plans.
She was released at 9 a.m. Friday and was handed over to Frederick County sheriff’s deputies, who served her with her outstanding warrants.
The 18-year-old woman is currently being held at the Frederick County Adult Detention Center without bond, pending an evaluation from the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
The sheriff’s office says Cevario’s father contacted administrators at Catoctin High School about his daughter’s plans March 23. The school contacted the sheriff’s office who then began to investigate.
At the home, they found the student’s journal, which documented her thoughts, plans and a timeline for how and when she plotted to execute her attack.
She also had weapons and bomb-making materials that she planned to use during the attack.
The sheriff’s office says there is no current threat to the school and no weapons or materials were ever brought onto school property.
It also says that Cevario was planning this all on her own and there was no outside involvement.
At this point, the sheriff’s office says it is continuing to evaluate information on the electronic devices it had seized.
Detectives are still investigating the case.