WASHINGTON — More than a dozen area restaurants and breweries have special deals and new offerings to celebrate the MLB All-Star week from July 13-17.
Check out the list below to decide how you want to celebrate All-Star week.
Near Nationals Park
Chloe will offer $1 off all beers to people in baseball jerseys, and will extend happy-hour specials from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., on Monday, July 16, and Tuesday, July 17.
Declaration Nats Park will offer its own team of foot-long hot dogs, available in five themes corresponding with the five major baseball cities in the country: D.C., New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and St. Louis. They will be $8 each. Also on the menu is a special All-Star cocktail, “The Midsummer Classic,” for $12. Both the hot dogs and the cocktail will be available July 13-17.
District Winery will offer an All-Star wine flight featuring four 2017 wines and one new wine that is premiering on Friday, July 13; the flight will cost $14 and will be available July 13-17. Also, the District Winery is opening its private rooftop terrace to the public for the second time ever for an “upscale tailgate” with views of the river and Nationals Park. The terrace will be open for two nights — on Friday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Burgers, veggie burgers and hot dogs will be available, as well as wine and beer by the glass, and no tickets are necessary.
Ice Cream Jubilee will offer a special $8.95 sundae that is served in a commemorative plastic baseball helmet and includes any two scoops of ice cream or sorbet (but the Nats Red Velvet Cake flavor and/or the summer special caramel popcorn flavor are recommended, of course) and an assortment of ice cream sundae toppings. It will be available starting on Friday, July 13, while supplies last.
Nando’s Peri Peri — at the Navy Yard location only — will offer its happy-hour specials all day long for the entire All-Star week, July 13-17.
Osteria Morini will stay open until 1 a.m. on July 16 and 17, and the bar will offer small snacks from 11 p.m. until 1 a.m. Its satellite food stand, called Morini Piccolo, will also serve gameday bites (including ballpark specials such as hot dogs, a chicken parmesan panini, loaded fries and gelato cookie sandwiches) on the boardwalk outside the stadium Saturday through Tuesday opening at 11:30 a.m.
Whaley’s will have extended hours (11 a.m. to 11 p.m.) from July 13-17.
- Fun events for All-Star week
- Road closures, parking restrictions for MLB All-Star Game
- Meet the 2018 American League All-Star Team
- Meet the 2018 National League All-Star Team
In the District
Five local breweries — Bluejacket, ChurchKey, The Sovereign, Eatbar and The Partisan — are offering anyone who visits all five the chance to win a free limited edition Bluejacket All-Star baseball jersey. Anyone attempting this promotion needs to pick up an MVPassport punch card at Bluejacket on July 13 and get it punched at all five (in addition to purchasing a full-sized beer at each) in order to win. They plan to keep the party going with special events moving from location to location throughout the week:
- Friday, July 13: Bluejacket is debuting one ballpark-inspired can in honor of All-Star week 2018, as well as a limited edition All-Star Bluejacket T-shirt and an exclusive logo glass. The brewery will also offer any All-Star ticket holders $1 off all Lost Weekend pints July 13-17.
- Saturday, July 14: ChurchKey will celebrate the NL East All-Stars with 25 different craft drafts from brewers in the Philly (Tired Hands), Miami (J. Wakefield), New York (Other Half), Atlanta (Creature Comforts) and D.C. (Bluejacket) — the major MLB cities.
- Sunday, July 15: The Sovereign is celebrating The Belgian All-Stars, with special selections from Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, De la Senne, De Ranke and De Dolle.
- Monday, July 16: Eatbar will celebrate the “DMV All-Stars” with 12 brews from Bluejacket, Burley Oak, RAR, The Veil and The Answer.
- Tuesday, July 17: All-Star week ends at The Partisan with an All-Star sours lineup including no fewer than 10 Tart & Funky brews from the likes of Grimm, Aslin, Crooked Stave and Oxbow.
- Also, anyone who show an All-Star ticket will get their first taster free at each location.
Bourbon Steak at the Four Seasons will offer a special ice cream sundae served in a miniature baseball helmet. It will also have two specialty burgers available — the American League Burger and the National League Burger — and boxes of Cracker Jacks for any guests at the bar during the All-Star Game on the 17th. Call (202) 944-2026.
Brasserie Beck will have an All-Star Beer Week, featuring beers that have a star in their name or logo for $5 each. They will be available starting at dinner service on Friday, July 13, until the limited supply runs out.
Lil’B Coffee & Eatery will offer a variety of craft cocktails with decorative accents for the All-Star Game all day long July 13-17.
Occidental Grill & Seafood is going for a throwback by offering a cocktail called “The Senators,” named after the Washington Senators (Washington’s previous MLB team) and their 1924 World Series win against the New York Giants. Call (202) 783-1475.
Ocean Prime, located in the historic Colorado Building near the White House, will offer special dishes July 13-17 from executive chef Jason Shelley that each have a different take on classic baseball fare. Blue Crab Nachos with jalapeños and house-made cheese sauce: $12; House-Made Carmel Corn with Marcona almonds, and a “hidden prize” (a temporary baseball tattoo – the restaurant’s play on Cracker Jacks): $6; Shrimp Corn Dogs with mustard aioli, cocktail sauce: $10. Call (202) 393-0313.
Hank’s Oyster Bar (Capitol Hill location) will feature happy hour all day at the bar and will have food and drink specials (including hot dogs with a variety of toppings and frozen Rosé popsicles) on Tuesday, July 17.
Wine by Design, the MLB’s marketing company, is releasing a a limited edition (only 192 cases were made) 2018 All-Star Game Cabernet Sauvignon that will be available at Nationals Park as well as some select local retailers. Check the MLB site for locations.
Bayou Bakery in Arlington, Virginia, is featuring the “All-Star Super Pack,” a $14 grab-and-go box with a specialty hot dog, chips and a Nationals-themed cookie. It will be available July 13-17 in addition to the eatery’s regular happy-hour items.