Mason Neck State Park in Fairfax County, Virginia, is closed Tuesday after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
According to the Department of Conservation and Recreation, the employee is quarantined at home.
The park in Lorton will be closed until further notice.
The agency says park facilities will be professionally deep cleaned and sanitized and won’t reopen until the risk of community spread has been reduced.
Virginia State Parks closures are listed online.
- Sign up for WTOP alerts
- Latest coronavirus test results in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Delaware beach towns ‘disappointed’ to see state on DC’s high-risk list
- DC’s order to self-quarantine affects travelers from 27 states
- Mayor Bowser issues new mask order for DC
- Prince George’s County to inspect school, park fields for COVID-19 compliance
- Coronavirus vaccine being tested in DC region shows promise