President Trump will be featured in a virtual Town Hall on Sunday night at the Lincoln Memorial produced by Fox News Channel from 7 to 9 p.m.
As a result, the roads on the west end of the National Mall will be closed for much of the day, as will the Lincoln Memorial itself and the nearby Vietnam and Korean War Veterans memorials. Parking restrictions will also be in effect.
There will be no public access to the event, during which the president will answer questions submitted by viewers.
Below is a list of the closures, some of which begin as early as 4 a.m. and last until midnight.
Monument and memorial closures:
- Lincoln Memorial – from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial – from 12 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Korean War Veterans Memorial – from 12 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
4 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.:
Henry Bacon Drive NW between Constitution Avenue NW and Lincoln Memorial Circle
6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.:
23rd Street SW between Independence Avenue SW and Daniel Chester French Drive SW
Ohio Drive SW between Inlet Bridge and 23rd Street SW
12 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.:
- Arlington Memorial Bridge
- Independence Avenue SW west of 17th Street SW
- Potomac River Freeway (all exits to Ohio Drive and Independence Avenue)
- Rock Creek Parkway/Potomac Parkway Drive between Virginia Avenue and Independence Avenue SW (to include Ohio Drive SW)
5 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.:
- Maine avenue west of 15th
- Independence Avenue west of 15th Street SW
- 17th Street south of Constitution Avenue
No parking allowed (6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.)
- 1500 block of Independence Avenue SW
- 1700 – 2200 blocks of Constitution Avenue NW
- Parkway Drive from Lincoln Memorial Circle to Rock Creek Parkway