Md. house fire leaves five displaced before Christmas

WASHINGTON — One person is injured and five people are displaced just two days before Christmas after a house fire in Prince George’s County Sunday.

Just before 6 p.m., Fire and EMS extinguished the fire on the first floor and attic of the singe family home in the 8100 block of Riggs Road in Adelphi.

One person was sent to the hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.

Officials say the Red Cross National Capital Region will assist two of the five renters who were displaced by the fire. The other three home owners are making their own arrangements, officials said.

The cause of the fire is still being determined.

Below is a map of the area:

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

Federal News Network Logo

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up