Tim Bracken, wtop.com
WASHINGTON – Metro commuters should brace themselves for the upcoming fare hike.
Starting July 1, Metro will increase fares and parking fees. To see how much your fare will jump, go to the Metro Trip Planner, then enter a travel date after July 1.
Below is a summary from WMATA:
- Off peak fares: $1.70 to $3.50 (Senior/Disabled: $1.05 to $2.85)
- Peak Fare: $2.10 to $5.75 (Senior/Disabled: $1.05 to $2.85)
- Peak-of-the-peak surcharge (20 cents per trip) has been eliminated.
- A $1 surcharge will be applied to each trip taken using a paper farecard (Senior/Disabled: 50 cents). Customers are encouraged to use a SmarTrip card to avoid the surcharge.
- One-day Metrorail pass (valid at any time) available on SmarTrip or paper farecard: $14
- Seven-day Metrorail Fast Pass available on SmarTrip only: $57.50
- 28-day Metrorail Fast Pass available on SmarTrip only: $230
- Seven-day Metrorail Short Trip pass available on paper farecard only: $35
Other Metrorail fares
- Transit Link card on MARC/VRE: $108
- Transit Link card on MTA: $166
- Regular routes with SmarTrip: $1.60
- $1.80 with cash
- Express routes with SmarTrip: $3.65
- $4 with cash Airport Routes $6
- Seven-Day regional pass $16 Senior/Disabled bus fares and passes are half of the above
D.C. student fares
- No change in the costs of D.C. student passes and tokens.
- There is no change to the transfer policy.
- Get a 50 cent discount when transferring from rail to bus or bus to rail within two hours of your first trip.
- Transfer from a regular bus to another regular bus for free. The transfer discounts to other bus service providers varies.
- You must use a SmarTrip card to receive the transfer discount.
- When using a pass or paying with cash, transfer discounts are not given.
- MetroAccess fares are two times the fare for the fastest bus or rail trip at the time a customer travels.
- MetroAccess fares will continue to be capped at $7.
- New fees range from $3.50 to $5 depending on the jurisdiction.
- Monthly reserved parking fees range from $45 to $65.
Follow WTOPtraffic on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)