Above the storm clouds in the D.C. area, the moon and sun are gearing up for a beautiful display — a total lunar eclipse.
- Penumbral eclipse begins at 9:32 p.m. EDT on May 15.
- Partial eclipse begins at 10:27 p.m. EDT on May 15.
- Totality begins (moon engulfed in Earth’s shadow) begins at 11:29 p.m. EDT on May 15.
- Totality ends at 12:53 a.m. EDT.
- Partial eclipse ends at 5:55 1:55 a.m. EDT.
- Penumbral eclipse ends at 2:50 a.m. EDT.
- Maximum eclipse is at 12:12 a.m. EDT.
Watch the live stream from NASA TV below.