WASHINGTON — A woman is dead after a fire at the Lee High Inn motel in Fairfax, Virginia Thursday morning.
City of Fairfax Fire Chief John O’Neal tells WTOP a middle-aged woman was found in the room where the fire started. The fire then spread.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. at the Lee High Inn on Fairfax Boulevard.
Hotel management called the fire department around 7:22 a.m. after heavy smoke was seen coming from the back of the some of the rooms.
O’Neal said fire crews quickly put the fire out, and when they did, they found the woman in the room.
No other injuries have been reported.
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.
© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
The 2018 Cosmo Couture DC fashion show had models strutting down the catwalk with garments made from tile, carpet, wood, vinyl, glass and rubber. See photos.
Need a break? Play a quick game of solitaire or Sudoku. Or take one of our fun quizzes!