WASHINGTON — As in past years, businesses are offering freebies and deals before, during and after tax day, which falls on Tuesday, April 17 this year.
You have a little more time to file your federal taxes this year because April 15 falls on a Sunday, and April 16 is D.C.’s Emancipation Day holiday.
Check out our list of freebies being offered during tax season, which will be updated as more offers are announced:
- Applebees — Dollaritas ($1 margaritas) are back for the entire month of April.
- Boston Market — The Tax Day Special, available April 17 only, is a half chicken individual meal with two sides, cornbread and a regular fountain drink for $10.40.
- Brabo in Alexandria, Virginia, will pay the taxes on all alcoholic beverages on Tuesday April 17, including cocktails, beer and wine.
- BLT Steak on Eye Street in D.C. is offering 50 percent discounts on all alcoholic beverage on April 17.
- Bruegger’s — Get a $10.40 Big Bagel Bundle now through April 17 with a coupon from their website. They’re also offering 20 percent off catering orders now through April 17.
- Carmine’s — Two daylong drink specials, both at $10.40: The Refund Rejoice Pomegranate Spritz, for those fortunate enough to get a refund, and the The Bitter Sting Negroni, for those who owe Uncle Sam. There is also a bar sandwich special: Carmine’s overstuffed chicken parmigiana hero with a choice of Caesar or mixed green side salad for $10.40.
- California Tortilla — Say “Chipping in” on April 17 to get free chips and queso with any purchase.
- Chili’s — All during April, the chain is offering $5 Cherry Blossom Margaritas.
- The Company Store — Get 30 percent off one item, plus free shipping.
- Corner Bakery — Get two full size items for $10.40, available April 17-19.
- Firehouse Subs — Customers can receive a free medium sub when they purchase a full price medium or large sub, chips and a drink; valid from April 17 through April 19.
- Great American Cookies — Grab a free Cookies & Cream cookie when you visit a participating store on April 17.
- Hydromassage — Planet Fitness members and nonmembers can use Hydromassage massage chairs free between April 14 and 21 with a coupon.
- Kona Ice — Shaved ice trucks all across the country will be handing out free Kona Ice on April 17.
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room — Diners can get 50 percent off bottles of wine with the purchase of two entrees at select locations on April 17.
- Osteria Morini, in Southeast D.C., is offering a $15 lunch special on April 17, which includes house-made pasta and a glass of beer or wine.
- Rail Europe — Get an extra $25 off bookings of $400 or more until April 24 with promo code TAXDAYRE18.
- Washington Nationals — Get game tickets vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates for $10.40. Offer ends April 19 at 10 a.m.
- Zeel — Take $20 off your first in-home massage with code TAXDAY2018.
© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.