WASHINGTON - Instead of running to the doctor or the drug store, many turn to home remedies to cure ailments.
While many may seem like old wives' tales, some home remedies really work, Women's Day reports.
- Duct tape to remove warts.
- Vapor rub to cure nail fungus.
- Oatmeal to soothe eczema.
- Yogurt to cure bad breath.
- A spoonful of sugar to cure the hiccups.
- Place a pencil between your teeth to cure a headache. It relaxes jaw muscles.
- Olives for motion sickness.
- Gargle salt water for a sore throat.
Woman's Day has more on these home remedies.
WTOP's Veronica Robinson contributed to this report. Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Which big cat had some trouble coughing this up? (Photos)
French universities could say goodbye to this language in class.
Doctors saved this boy's life with a medical first involving a printer.
A Philly bike courier takes his cat on cycling adventures. (Videos)