RICHMOND — The Redskins wrapped up their fifth straight day in pads on Thursday and will now get a day off Friday. Thursday might have been the hottest day so far in camp — it…
RICHMOND — The Redskins wrapped up their fifth straight day in pads on Thursday and will now get a day off Friday. Thursday might have been the hottest day so far in camp — it was also the biggest crowd to date as well.
Pushing and shoving
After five straight days in pads we finally saw a little chippiness today at training camp. It really turned out to be nothing, but since we haven’t seen anything close to that yet, it was something to talk about!
Josh Doctson caught a touchdown pass, got up and flipped the ball to Nico Marley. Marley wasn’t a fan of that and they had to be separated.
“It’s just football,” Doctson said. “It’s fun.”
The team will play an actual football game next week against the Ravens, but that’s still a week away. Don’t be surprised if we see some more of this next week as they get closer to a real game.
– Terrell Pryor continues to impress, hauling in a long touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins during team drills on Thursday.
– With Rob Kelley sitting out team drills due to a sore neck, rookie Samaje Perine took most of the reps with the first team.
– The defense came up big again in a two-minute drill towards the end of practice. Cousins took the first team offense down the field inside the 10-yard line. On the final play, Josh Norman made a diving interception in the end zone.
– Jamison Crowder and Martrell Spaight remained sidelined with hamstring injuries
– Wide receiver Maurice Harris was supposed to return to practice on Thursday from his sore knee, but was sick, so he was forced to sit out.
– The new addition to the injury list is linebacker Preston Smith. Smith is being evaluated for a sprained ankle.
– Running back Rob Kelley sat out the team portion today with a sore neck. He said after practice that he wants to be out there and can’t wait to get back.
The Redskins signed cornerback Stefan McClure and safety Tim Scott They released safety Josh Evans and safety Earl Wolff IV.
The team also released defensive back Lou Young with an injury settlement.
The team has the day off on Friday before returning to practice on Saturday for a single practice. Saturday is also the annual Fan Appreciation Day, and Redskins expect the biggest crowd of camp to date. Click here to check out the full Fan Appreciation Day guide.
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.