Rescue workers were dispatched to Adams Street NW after carbon monoxide meters was activated inside a home. When they arrived on the scene, they found one person unconscious.
Police said the apartment’s landlord discovered their bodies on Nov. 17 after not hearing from the couple for a few days.
Winter is the peak season for carbon monoxide poisoning, as many are burning so much fossil fuel in fireplaces, furnaces and propane heaters.
WASHINGTON – Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning may be behind the deaths of eight people in Princess Anne, Maryland, Monday. Police have not yet confirmed the causes of death, but don’t believe foul play was not…
WASHINGTON — A Woodbridge, Virginia laundromat is still closed Saturday after five people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Friday night. One person was found unconscious when first responders arrived at the Super Suds on Jefferson…
A faulty furnace sent three people to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Recreating the District in video game form was no small task. Here's how the developers did it.