WASHINGTON – Nice homes are a mainstay in the D.C. region. Mansions with price tags in the millions aren’t uncommon.
So, where are the best of the best?
Here are some of the most expensive publicly listed properties in the region, according to MRIS:
- 7201 Dulany Drive, McLean, Va. – This home is not built yet; Noble Building and Design officials are awaiting the right buyer before construction starts. For $32 million, you could have eight bedrooms and nine full and three half bathrooms, two pools, a movie theater and plenty of custom closet space.
- 1171 Chain Bridge Rd., McLean, Va. – Also awaiting the right buyer before construction starts, Custom Design Concepts Architects and Interiors has proposed a six-bedroom, six-bath home with “magnificent finishes throughout, custom tailored to buyer’s unique specifications.” It could be built for $24 million.
- 2320-2330 S St. NW, Washington – This 10-bedroom, 14-bathroom property has two landmark buildings built in 1914 and includes 11 fireplaces and private gardens. It’s on the market for $22 million.
- 3675 Decoursey Bridge Rd., Cambridge, Md. – Tudor Farm is a luxury estate, equestrian facility and wildlife habitat on the Eastern Shore. The listing promotes the hunting terrain on the 6,500-acre Dorchester County property. It’s listed for $20 million.
- 5234 Spring Hill Lane, Warrenton, Va. – Four farms come together on a 2,400-acre property with three main homes, 11 tenant houses, eight horse barns and a lake. The list price is $18,940,000.
- 9005 Durham Dr., Potomac, Md. – This home built in 2013 boasts two elevators, 10 bedrooms, 10 1/2 bathrooms a two-story library and marble floors. The asking price is $18 million.
- 164 31st St. NW, Washington – An 1817 home in the Georgetown area with nine bedrooms and 13 bathrooms is on the market for $16.8 million.
- 3987 Mountville Rd., Middleburg, Va. – A 6-bedroom stone manor with 100 acres of pastures and gardens, a heated pool, caretakers’ apartments and equestrian facilities is listed for $15.5 million.
- 247 Halfway Rd., The Plains, Va. – This 6-bedroom estate has a stone cottage, guest house, spa, pool and tennis courts. The list price is $15 million.
- 2950 University Terr. NW, Washington – With five bedrooms and five full and two half baths, this home has an elevator, a pool and landscaped gardens. It’s listed for $14,995,000.
Bonus: 938 Old Country Rd., Severna Park, Md. – This estate is on the auction block with a suggested price of $14.9 million. The estate is open to the public every Saturday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. from Feb. 22 through March 9. It has 10 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, a pool, wine cellar and boat dock.