WASHINGTON — D.C. police released a list of road closures for the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade that will block off a main thoroughfare of downtown D.C. starting early Saturday.
The parade, featuring giant balloon figures, marching bands and celebrity entertainers, starts on the National Mall and runs west on Constitution Avenue from 7th Street to 20th Street. The earliest closure starts at 3 a.m. April 8. The majority of the closures last from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. The parade lasts from 10 a.m. until noon.
Here is a map of the closures:
The full list of closures is below:
Early closure 3 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 7th Street between Constitution Ave. NW and Independence Ave SW
Closures from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 9th Street between Pennsylvania Ave. NW and Constitution Ave. NW
- 10th Street between Pennsylvania Ave. NW and Constitution Ave. NW
- 12th Street between Pennsylvania Ave. NW and Independence Ave. SW / SE SW freeway
- Access to 12th Street Tunnel from I-395 ramp SW
- 14th Street between Pennsylvania Ave. NW to Independence Ave. SW
- 14th Street Bridge ( inbound) all traffic sent to I-395 freeway SW
- 15th Street between E Street to Constitution Ave. NW
- 17th Street between New York Ave. NW to Independence Ave. SW
- 19th Street between E Street to Constitution Ave. NW
- Virginia Ave between 20th Street to Constitution Ave. NW
© 2017 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.