2 shocked in North Potomac pool

Two people suffered from an electric shock at a swimming pool in North Potomac, Maryland, Sunday.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue said an adult and a child were shocked while in the pool at the Westleigh Recreation Club, on Dufief Mill Road, Sunday afternoon.

The fire department said an electrical hazard ended up in the water but it’s still not clear exactly what happened.

Neither person’s injuries are considered life-threatening, the fire department said.

The pool was closed and it’s not yet known when it will reopen.

Below is a map of the area where it happened:

Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up