202

3 in hospital after high carbon monoxide levels in Montgomery Co. house

WASHINGTON — Three people are in the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak in Montgomery County.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue called to a house on Parkwood Drive and Parkwood Terrace, in Bethesda, detected high levels of carbon monoxide and removed three unconscious adults from the house. One person has potentially life-threatening injuries, one has serious injuries and another was taken to the hospital for precaution.

A family member found the three around 10:30 a.m.

The cause of the leak was the furnace/boiler, the gas company said.

A Montgomery County spokesman told NBC Washington that the house was being renovated.

Below is a map of the area.

WTOP’s Carlos Prieto contributed to this report.


Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.