WASHINGTON — If you have the 1040 blues on this Tax Day, this list should brighten your sour mood.
Businesses have transformed April 15 from deadline day to holiday by offering freebies and deals to weary taxpayers:
- Arby’s is giving away a free Snack-Sized Curly Fries today with a coupon you can get here.
- BLT Steak DC wants you to de-stress, so they’re offering half-price beer, cocktails and wine on April 15.
- Boqueria Dupont Circle will give you a free “1040EZ Tequila Lime Shot” today when you mention the deal.
- Boston Market is serving up two half-chicken individual meals for $10.40 on Tax Day. Each comes with two sides and cornbread.
- Bruegger’s Big Bagel Bundles are just $10.40 at participating bakeries today with a coupon.
- You’ll get free chips and queso with any purchase today at California Tortilla when you say the secret password to the cashier: “Taxes Schmaxes.”
- Head to Chick-fil-A of Leesburg between 8 and 10:30 a.m. today, and when you buy a chicken biscuit, they’ll give you a second one free. One per person.
- Duffy’s Irish Pub in D.C. will give you a free order of tots today when you buy a beer.
- Participating Great American Cookies locations will give you a free regular chocolate chip cookie on April 15. Just stop by.
- Hard Rock Cafe in D.C. wants you to “Sing For Your Supper” on Tax Day. Sign up, sing a song on stage and you’ll get a free entree from their new menu while supplies last. The promotion runs from 5 to 7 p.m. and it’s first-come, first-served.
- How about a free massage to get rid of Tax Day stress? You can sign up to get a free HydroMassage at participating locations now through Friday, April 18.
- Mention La Tasca’s Tax Day Deal today, and you’ll get any two tapas for $10.40.
- Naked Pizza locations in our area are offering any large specialty pizza for $10.40 when you use the code “taxes” when ordering today.
- Sonic is offering half-price drinks and slushes for Tax Day.
- At Capital Lounge, bring in your 1040 today and get a pitcher of Yuengling or Bud Light beer for just $10.40 (They’re usually $16).