WASHINGTON — Get your face painted, eat pizza and check out some Day of the Dead events.
You can do all of the above for free in October. Check out the list below for more freebies and discounts.
Check out WTOP’s Halloween Freebies list for 2017.
Going on now
- Every day in October, kids in costume get 50 free tickets at Chuck E. Cheese.
Through Friday, Nov. 3
- The Petworth Arts Collaborative is hosting a series of free Day of the Dead events, including an outdoor Saturday screening of “The Book of Life” and a Wednesday street procession with a mariachi band.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
- DC-area Simon shopping centers and outlets (such as Clarksburg Premium Outlets and St. Charles Towne Center) are hosting trick-or-treating and Halloween events for kids.
- Kids age 12 and younger get a free Scary Face Pancake at participating IHOP from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s is handing out free slices of garlic and cheese pizza and bags of candy corn from 4 to 8 p.m.
- The Leesburg Kiwanis Halloween Parade starts at 6 p.m. and travels along King Street from Ida Lee Park to Safeway. The event is free, but attendees are being asked to bring a nonperishable food item to donate to Loudoun Interfaith Relief.
- Fair Oaks Mall’s 30th annual Mall-O-Ween from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. includes trick or treating, face painting and a Spooktacular Lab by the Children’s Science Center.
- Participating Bass Pro locations will have free Halloween photos with the “Peanuts” characters on display and kids can create Halloween tote bags, as well as play the pumpkin beanbag toss to win an array of prizes.
- At Chipotle, from 3 p.m. to close, show up in costume and receive a burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos for a discounted $3. You can also win a chance to win a year of free burritos by texting BOORITA to 888222 on Oct. 31.
- Krispy Kreme is offering a free doughnut of your choice to guests who show up in costume at participating locations.
- At Pizza Hut, get 25 percent off regularly priced pizzas using the coupon code SCARYGOOD25 for an online order through Tuesday.
- At Sonic, you can find 50 cent corn dogs all day on Halloween.
- At Baskin Robbins, all regular and kid-sized ice creams scoops are just $1.50 and small Capuccino Blasts are $2.99.
Wednesday, Nov. 1
- The Day of the Dead party at DC’s Espita Mezcaleria has face painting at the bar, food and drink specials, and music by artists that have passed away.