Fire breaks out in Fairfax County clubhouse

WASHINGTON — A large fire broke out at a clubhouse in Fairfax County Friday night.

It happened on the 5400 block of Calamint Court in Centreville around 8:30 p.m. Fairfax County firefighters arrived to find a large-volume fire. It took about two hours to fully contain the fire.

A Fairfax County Fire and Rescue spokesman said that a small gas-bed fire continued to burn. Washington Gas came and turned of an underground gas valve, upon which firefighters were then able extinguish the rest of the fire.

Below is the area where it happened.


Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to engage in conversation about this article and others.

© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

More from WTOP

Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up