The scorching temperatures have prompted D.C. to extend the hours of several outdoor pools and splash parks.
Mayor Muriel Bowser announced Tuesday that some outdoor pools will remain open until 9 p.m. until Sunday, July 21.
- Banneker, 2500 Georgia Avenue NW
- Francis, 2435 N St. NW
- Jelleff, 3265 St. NW
- Friendship Recreation “Turtle Park” Center Splash Park, 4500 Van Ness St. NW
- Upshur, 4300 Arkansas Ave. NW
- Harry Thomas, 1743 Lincoln Road NE
- Langdon Park, 2860 Mills Ave. NE
- Rosedale, 1701 Gales St. NE
- Kenilworth, 4321 Ord St. NE
- Fort Stanton, 1800 Erie St. SE
- Oxon Run, 501 Mississippi Ave. SE
In addition, some cooling centers will remain open until 6 p.m. or until it has been deemed to be safe indoors. You can find cooling centers with this interactive map from D.C.
Some low-barrier shelters will be open 24 hours through Sunday, as well.
- 801 East Shelter, 801 Making Life Better Lane SE
- New York Avenue Shelter, 1355-57 New York Avenue NE
- Adams Place Men’s Shelter, 2210 Adams Place NE
- Harriet Tubman, DC General Building, No. 27, 1900 Massachusetts Ave. SE
- Patricia Handy Place for Women, 810 5th St. NW
- Community for Creative Non-violence (CCNV), 425 Second St. NW
© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.