Washington, D.C. – WTOP today announced it is the recipient of seven National Headliner Awards including first place rankings in Newscast, News Series and Website categories.
The National Headliner Awards was founded by the Press Club of Atlantic City and is one of the oldest and largest annual contests recognizing journalistic merit in the communications industry. Since 1934, Headliner medallions have been presented to outstanding writers, photographers, daily newspapers, magazines, graphic artists, radio and television stations and networks, and news syndicates.
WTOP’s 2014 National Headliner awards are:
• Radio stations Newscast, all markets – First Place for “September 17th, 7 a.m.”
• Radio stations Breaking News or Continuing Coverage of a Single News Event – First Place for “Washington Navy Yard”
• Radio stations Feature and Human Interest Story, all markets – Second Place for “United Pets”
• Radio stations Feature and Human Interest Story, all markets – Third Place for “VE Day”
• Radio stations News Series: – First Place for “Spy in the Sky”
• Radio stations News Series: – Second Place for “Troubled Waters”
• Radio affiliated Website: – First Place for WTOP.com