If the coronavirus pandemic skunked your plans to get to the beach this weekend, for the next two days, you can take a stroll through Arlington, Virginia’s Ballston neighborhood to get a reminder of what the beach might have looked like.
The Ballston Beach Projection is an art light show that runs from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 24 and Monday, May 25.
It’s created by multimedia artist and video editor Robin Bell.
Some of the neighborhood’s restaurants plan to stay open late for takeout food and drinks.
You can also drive by, in the name of social distancing.
The projection takes place near Ballston Quarter and Ballston Exchange along Wilson Boulevard.
- Sign up for WTOP alerts
- Canceled? Not everything — check out these Memorial Day weekend events
- Be sure to plan ahead if you head out to a National Park Memorial Day weekend
- Latest coronavirus test results in DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Coronavirus FAQ: What you need to know
- Coronavirus resources: Get and give help in DC, Maryland and Virginia