1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, from Monday, March 3, 2014, through 11:59:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 14,2014, go to the www.wtop.com website, click on the “Contest” icon under the living section of the navigation bar, click on the “Free Lunch Friday” icon and complete the entry form, which includes your name, name of your office, your address, your phone number, and number of employees in your office. WTOP is not responsible for problems accessing the website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Limit: One entry per person/office; any person/office submitting more than one entry may be disqualified.
2. HOW TO PLAY/HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN: Enter as explained in Paragraph 1 above. From all eligible entries received, one entry will be randomly drawn at the WTOP Studios on Thursdays during the sweepstakes, beginning March 6, 2014 and ending December 18,2014. All non-winning entries will be rolled over for subsequent entry pools. Each winner’s name and office will be announced on WTOP each Friday between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. Each winner will also be notified by telephone and/or email. Limit: one winner per person/office during the duration of this sweepstakes.
3. PRIZE: There will be 42 winners in this sweepstakes. Each winner will receive lunch for his/her office at a Silver Diner of the winner’s choice for up to a $500 value; $20 maximum meal per person; each office member will be ordering his/her meal from the Silver Diner menu. Prize must be used for office members of winner. Any charges beyond the $500 value will be the responsibility of the winner and his/her guests. Alcohol and gratuity are not included in the prize value. The prize is good for lunch only Monday through Friday. The prize must be used within six (6) months of the day that the prize is won. The prize may be redeemed at any one of the following Silver Diner locations:
a. Clarendon Silver Diner, 3200 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize/trip, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. 4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Winners have forty-eight (48) hours from the time they are contacted by station to accept or deny prize or prize may be forfeited. Each winner may be required to complete and sign a Prize Release and verify they are eligible to win prior to awarding of prize. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. This must be done within (10) days of being notified. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTOP (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTOP.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and residents of Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland or West Virginia in order to participate in this sweepstakes. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this sweepstakes, you cannot have won a prize from WTOP within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Employees of Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, WTOP, Silver Diner, or other radio stations in WTOP’s DMA, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in WTOP sweepstakes/contests for a period of one year.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release Hubbard Radio, LLC, Hubbard Radio Washington, LLC, WTOP and Silver Diner (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and/or misuse of any prize, or to participation in the sweepstakes or in prize-related activities, including any travel related thereto, and (b) consents to the use by WTOP for promotional purposes, of his or her likeness or voice (and/or address (city/state)) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules. By accompanying a winner, a winner’s guests agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules, including the preceding release.
7. WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List, Free Lunch Friday Sweepstakes, WTOP, 3400 Idaho Avenue N.W., Washington, D. C. 20016.
Decisions of WTOP concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTOP reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. WTOP is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. WTOP reserves the right to change these rules, as well as the terms and conditions of this contest, without notice.
By entering this sweepstakes, participants agree to being put on WTOP’s mailing list, which will involve each participant being sent promotional emails, newsletters and alerts from WTOP. You will be able to opt out of these communications at any time by hitting the “unsubscribe button” on each email, newsletter or alert sent.