WASHINGTON - First dates are awkward enough without adding to the uncomfortable encounter by behaving poorly.
Thankfully, dating website HowAboutWe.com asked 100,000 singles what their first-date turnoffs are.
While every person is unique in their likes and dislikes, especially when it comes to dating, HowAboutWe members were asked to complete the following question: "For me, a first date no-no is..."
So while keeping a sense of personality is important, daters may want to consider avoiding these dating gaffes.
- Having your phone out or texting.
- Trying to have sex with your date on a first date.
- Talking about your ex.
- Being late. More than 15 minutes is just rude.
- Being rude to a server is a major red flag.
- Drinking too much.
- Splitting the bill or letting the woman pay.
- Talking about work.
- Talking about your mother.
- Talking about marriage on a first date is too soon.
Other first-date turnoffs:
- Bad breath
- Not tipping well
- Talking about yourself
- Being "fake"
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)