Harris Teeter is recalling eight seafood products because they contain onions that may be contaminated with Listeria.
The company issued the voluntary recalls after learning of the contamination from a manufacturer of crab and lobster products.
The products were sold between Sept. 3 and Sept. 7. Customers can return the items to their local Harris Teeter for a full refund.
Listeria bacteria can cause serious or life-threatening illness. The bacteria are found in raw foods and symptoms include fever, muscle aches, nausea or diarrhea.
The recalled products are:
- Crab Stuffed Flounder, UPC #0020822400000
- Crab Stuffed Salmon, UPC #0020822500000
- Crab Stuffed Tilapia, UPC #0020822600000
- Maryland Style Crab Cakes, 4 oz, UPC #0020967400000
- Deviled Stuffed Crab, UPC #0020966700000
- The Charleston Crab Cake, 4 oz, UPC #0020966900000
- Signature Lump Crab Cake, 4 oz, UPC #0020967000000
- Signature Lobster Cake, 3 oz, UPC #0020967100000
For more information, contact Harris Teeter Customer Relations, toll-free at 1-800-432-6111, Option 2 between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
The Nickelodeon star's antics continue in New York City.
A fallen police officer's daughter gets a swarm of support. (Photos)
Star-studded event raises millions for AIDS research. (Photos)
Morgan Freeman can't stay awake during a TV interview. (Video)