A Virginia teen’s run-in with giant hogweed left burns. Experts are reminding people of the dangers of giant hogweed and giving guidance on what to do if the invasive plant is found.
Alex Childress came across a large plant Tuesday while working a summer landscaping job, and it briefly brushed his face and arm as he cut it down. It turned out to be a giant hogweed whose sap can cause burns, blisters and blindness.
A dangerous invasive weed that can grow to towering heights has turned up in Virginia for the first time. The plant’s sap can cause severe burns.
The three-part series "The making of Marion Barry" looks at how the future mayor got his start in the civil rights movement, how he became a power player in the city and his enduring legacy.