WASHINGTON — If you’d like to stay at home to watch the State of the Union, there’s still a way to create a feeling of community.
Let’s face it — in some ways, the addresses are rarely terribly different from year to year, even president to president. So a few groups and publications have put together their own version of State of the Union Bingo. Some have even turned the exercise of tracking down the inevitable clichés into a drinking game:
- Cloture Club has created a drinking game, and will live-tweet when to drink during the speech.
- Bloomberg has a drinking game.
- USA TODAY has a bingo game.
- Tea Party Patriots has a bingo game.
- American Association of University Women bingo.
- Bold Nebraska (anti Keystone XL Pipeline) bingo.
- League of Women Voters bingo.