NFL Football Forecast: Week 1

WASHINGTON — All in all, this weekend looks good for NFL football weather! There’s plenty of sunshine for many of the games, and after a week of terrible humidity across the Mid Atlantic, cooler temperatures and a much more refreshing air mass will settle in right in time for the first NFL’s Sunday of the year. The only hold up will be Arizona vs. San Diego on Sunday night, with what is left of Hurricane Norbert brushing Arizona. That could bring flooding rains to the Phoenix area.

*New Orleans v Atlanta, Minnesota v St. Louis, Washington Redskins v Houston and San Francisco v. Dallas are all playing in stadium’s with retractable roof’s or dome therefore no forecast is provided for them*

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (Heinz Field, 1 p.m.)

Plenty of sunshine on Sunday for kickoff with temperatures much more comfortable than that of recently. Low 70s at kickoff with temperatures rising into the mid 70s by the 4th quarter. Very comfortable air mass with low humidity. Winds will be north at 5 mph.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles (“The Linc,” 1 p.m.)

Much better weather than Saturday with very few clouds and a very refreshing air mass. Temperatures will reach into the upper 70s and stay there through the game. Winds will continue out of the north at 5 mph.

Oakland Raiders at New York Jets (MetLife Stadium, 1 p.m.)

Looking good in East Rutherford, NJ with temperatures steady in the mid to upper 70s through the duration of the game. All sunshine with fairly light winds out of the north at 5-10 mph.

Cincinnati Bengals v Baltimore Ravens (M & T Bank Stadium, 1 p.m.):

A perfect day at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Temperatures will stay in the 70s through the game with dry conditions. In fact, humidity will be down so it will be a wonderful day at M & T. Few peeks of sunshine as skies will remain partly sunny.

Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears (Solider Field, 1 p.m.)

Sunshine with temperatures in the lower 70s to start the game. Temperatures will gradually move into the mid 70s to make for very nice football weather. Light winds.

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs (Arrowhead, 1 p.m.)

Very comfortable with temperatures in the upper 60s to start the game and moving into the mid 70s by the 4th quarter. Winds will be ESE at 5-10 mph.

New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (SunLife Stadium, 1 p.m.)

Of course, with Florida weather you can always bank on an afternoon thunderstorm. Sunday is no different with temperatures in the mid 80s to start the game, 90s to end the game with a 40 percent chance of scattered showers and storms throughout the region during the game.

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (“The Ray Jay,” 4:25 p.m.)

Again, another chance (50 percent) of some scattered showers and storms across the Tampa bay area during the afternoon and evening hours (better chance during daytime heating hours). Temperatures will remain in the mid 80s for much of the game with the humidity obviously making it feel worse. Sunset: 7:45 pm.

Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos (“Mile High,” 8:30 p.m.)

A very slim chance (10 percent) of some isolated showers moving across Mile High during the game. End result most likely that the game will remain dry with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the lower 80s/upper 70s throughout the game. Winds will remain light.

San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals (University of Phoenix Stadium, 10:20 p.m. Monday)

This game will be the trickiest forecast of all the games, considering remnants of Hurricane Norbert will brush the coast bringing some heavy rain to the Phoenix area from Saturday night to Monday. Some heavy rains could happen during the day on Monday (60-70 percent chance) with possible flooding with the heavy rains. There’s about a 30 percent chance it will rain during the game. Temperatures still around 90 degrees through much of the game.

Federal News Network Logo
Log in to your WTOP account for notifications and alerts customized for you.

Sign up