WASHINGTON – For victims of domestic violence, there are a number of places that offer assistance.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline — 1−800−799−7233 (SAFE)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence — Domestic violence safety tips
- Break the Cycle — Learn about dating violence
- Domestic Violence Coordinator at Metropolitan Police Department — 202-727-7137
- Metropolitan Police Department — Locations of emergency shelters and a list of emergency financial resources in D.C.
- House of Ruth Domestic Violence Support Center — Free psychotherapy and case management services for victims
- My Sister’s Place – Confidential emergency shelter for battered women and other services
- D.C. Coalition Against Domestic Violence — Tracks and analyzes legislative activity that impacts victims and survivors of domestic violence
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence — A county-by-county look at resources to assist victims of domestic violence
- The Women’s Center – Phone numbers and resources for help in Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County Domestic Violence Action Center (DVAC) 24 hour hotline — 703-360- 7273