The tentative deal for a new D.C. United stadium will dominate the news this Thursday, but let’s start the day with permits. And we’ll kick it off with a new place to party before and after ballgames at Nationals Park.
- 25 Potomac Ave. SE: Permit issued to lay crushed gravel and grass for temporary bar, tents, a stage and up to 30-space parking lot. The former Florida Rock industrial site immediately south of Nationals Park, home to a future 1.1 million-square-foot mixed-use development, will temporarily serve as an outdoor party park similar to the Bullpen at 1299 Half St. SE.
- 6200 Second St. NW: National Children’s Center Inc., a nonprofit service provider for people with disabilities, will renovate a second-floor space to create a pair of mock-up hotel rooms for training in the hospitality industry. There will be plumbing fixtures, but none will be hooked up to water, and the rooms will not be used for sleeping.
- 2121 H St. NW: The George Washington University will demolish all but the facade of Schenley Hall, part of its plan to build a 900-bed residence hall that retains the facades of three existing dorms. The other two demolition permits were issued Tuesday.
- 1100 Alabama Ave. SE: Permits issued to set up tents and generators for Saturday’s Arts and Humanities Festival at St. Elizabeths East.
- 0 Canal Road NW: Georgetown University will replace the C&O Canal wall capstone and repair the concrete wall between Foxhall Road and the Whitehurst Freeway.
- 2201 M St. NW: Perseus Realty will install a rooftop swimming pool at the Hilton Garden Inn currently under construction on the West End.