WASHINGTON – Workplaces can be tricky things. Some are filled with wonderful colleagues and great memories, while others are like a scene out of “Office Space:” red tape, stolen staplers and cringe-worthy bosses.
If you’re hunting for the perfect workplace, look no further. Washington Business Journal compiled a list of the best companies to work for, and many are local.
- McEnearney Associates – The realtor has seven offices that host events like water balloon fights and Flip-Flop Fridays.
- RBC – An annual barn dance and three days of free lunch make this wealth management services company a fun place to work.
- James G. Davis Construction – The company pays 100 percent of all health, dental and prescription plan premiums for employees and their dependents as well.
- The Motley Fool – The multimedia financial services company has unlimited vacation and recognizes special occasions with travel vouchers for up to $1,500.
- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause – Nationals games, white-water rafting and massages during tax season are just some of the perks of working at this accounting firm.
- Ntiva – What could better than bonding with coworkers at Capitals games? Employees at the McLean information technology provider seem pretty happy to do just that.
- Studley – Based in New York, the commercial realtor offers winter trips to places like Paris and Venice.
- Rand – The D.C. construction firm provides catered lunches four days out of the week.
- Vion – Early Friday hours and an in-office gym keep employees at the D.C. software firm happy.
- Bogart Associates – Employees enjoy $750 annually for wellness activities like facials and gym memberships from the Vienna IT provider.
- Ackerman Brown – The D.C. law firm has personal trainers on-site.
- The Goal – The information technology firm based in Dulles allows employees to work remotely and offers them unlimited vacation time.
- Entegra Systems – The Ellicott City technical services provider contributes handsomely to employees’ 401(K).
- CST Group, CPAs, PC – The Reston-based company offers seasonal work weeks year-round.
- Matrix Consulting – Employees get 100 percent of their health benefits covered at this Reston technical solutions provider.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.