WASHINGTON — Amtrak trains on are the Northeast Corridor are running on a modified schedule Thursday and Friday because of the cold weather.
“While the number of frequencies has changed between New York City and Boston or Washington., D.C., a combination of Acela Express and Northeast Regional service is still planned to operate,” Amtrak says in a news release.
Amtrak will run a full scheduled for the following routes:
- Downeaster Service between Brunswick, Maine, and Boston (North Station);
- Shuttle Service between Springfield, Massachusetts, and New Haven, Connecticut;
- Empire Service between New York City and Buffalo/Niagara Falls;
- Keystone Service between Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia/New York City;
- Amtrak corridor services in Virginia to and from Richmond/Norfolk/Newport News and Lynchburg.
© 2015 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.