Thousands are expected to turn out for the 2019 National Memorial Day Parade on Monday — a tribute to the troops who have sacrificed since the American Revolution.
This year’s grand marshals and special celebrity guests include some of the heroes of D-Day, “Criminal Minds” star Joe Mantegna and celebrity chef Robert Irvine. There will also be musical performances by Justin Moore, Quaid & James, Kiefer Sutherland and The USO Show Troupe.
The parade kicks off at 2 p.m. and goes along Constitution Avenue Northwest from 7th Street to 17th Street.
See below for the full list of road closures and a map:
Closed from from approximately 12 p.m. to 5 p.m Monday:
- 14th Street between North Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
- Inbound I-395 (14th Street Bridge). All traffic will be sent eastbound on I-395 SW Freeway
- 17th Street between New York Avenue NW and Independence Avenue, SW
- 19th Street between E Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- Virginia Avenue NW between 24th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
And here is where emergency no-parking rules are in effect from about 8 a.m. to 5 p.m Monday:
- 7th Street between Independence Avenue SW and Constitution Avenue NW
- Constitution Avenue NW from 6th Street to 14th Street NW
- Constitution Avenue NW between 14h Street, NW and 23rd Street NW
- 9th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 10th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 12th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Independence Avenue SW
- SE/SW Freeway-Access to 12th Street Tunnel from I-395 ramp
WTOP’s Jennifer Ortiz contributed to this report.
© 2019 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.