WASHINGTON — Marine Corps Marathon runners and spectators will be able to hop on Metrorail early Sunday, Oct. 28.
Extra Blue Line and Yellow Line trains will run. The extra trains will run from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. from Huntington to Mount Vernon on the Yellow Line and from Franconia-Springfield to Stadium-Armory on the Blue Line. Extra trains also will run from 11:15 a.m. until 4:15 p.m.
Here are a couple of things to consider the day of the marathon:
- Make sure your SmarTrip card is loaded ahead of time.
- The closest station is Pentagon Station. It will be exit-only until 8:30 a.m.
- To avoid crowding at Pentagon Station, Metro suggests using Pentagon City Station.
- Arlington Cemetery Station is closed until about 8:30 a.m.
- The closest stations for the start of the MCM 10K on the National Mall are Archives and L’Enfant Plaza.
© 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.